Website ReDesign Services
From “Boring” to “Stunning” with a Website Redesign
If you have had the same website for the last 3, 5 or even 10 years, you may need a refresh. Technology is constantly changing and changing your website with current technology trends is a must to stay aggressive with online competition. There may be many aspects of your current website that you hate or possibly love. Regardless, you know you need a change.
If you have found yourself digging through competitors websites thinking that you wish you had a little bit of what they had, you are not alone. There are millions of websites out there that need redesigns but let’s face it, everyone gets busy and it’s not a priority.
Having your website redesigned into whatever current standard of technology is crucial for success. Let us give you a couple facts about websites. Staying competitive online in this day and age is crucial for your business. Your website is essentially the gateway to phone calls, emails, leads, prospect engagement and so much more.
Facts about Websites (Why Website Redesigns Are So Important)
- 44% of users claim terrible mobile navigation caused them to leave the website early.
- 69% of consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a website.
- 60% of local business websites don’t have their phone number on their site.
- 49% of sites fail to comply with basic usability principles
- 67% of businesses are using their website to market to customers.
- 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.
Facts about Small Businesses without Websites
- Only 51% of small businesses have websites
- 97% of consumers search for products and services online
- Of 97%, 82% were not using social media
- 70% provided no call-for-action
- 93.3% were not compatible with mobile devices
- 27% didn’t even include a phone number!!
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration
As you can see, keeping up with the Joneses website is becoming increasingly more important. If you want to win in business, your website comes first. Literally, that is when people make their first impression of your business, so why not make it great?
Keeping up to date with technology changes in your website
Taking your current website design from what you have now and relaunching new technologies is crucial to your online success. Website redesigns should be done at least once every three to five years if not more often. Every day there are new technologies coming out to increase the user experience of your website; however, you don’t need to scramble every day wondering if you have the new XYZ feature on your site.
Instead of worrying about the daily trends, start to focus on the yearly and future trends of the web. About every three to five years there will be some major technology changes to focus on and these can turn into trends, trends turn into money and money makes you happy.
Front Street Media of El Dorado Hills can take your existing website design and incorporate the latest trends and technologies into a new website redesign to ensure you customers have a better user experience. That simple.
What should you focus on when launching a website redesign?
There are a few main points you want to consider when starting a website redesign. These main points will be the focus area of your website and ultimately how you make money. When taking your existing website and giving it a complete makeover, there are usually a handful of items you want to carry over such as content, images, phone, address, contact information.
These are the meat and potatoes of your website, the rest is a shell that contains all your information and displays it in a more user-friendly experience. Keep in mind, when creating a new website and starting the website redesign process, there are some risks involved in creating a website redesign, so it is best to understand what you are getting into. Some of these risks may include hurting your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) efforts among many others. But there are many ways around preventing bad things from happening when redesigning a website, like 301 redirects.
As times and technology change, such as responsive website design and Accelerated Mobile Pages, you want to incorporate these design styles and functionalities in your website to stay ahead of the curve. Ultimately, these technology changes lead to an increase in user experience.
User experience in a website is one of the most important aspects of any website. If your prospects or potential consumers don’t like your website experience, they leave, this is known as a bounce rate. You want to keep your bounce rate low, which means your customers are clicking through to new pages on your website which will eventually increase your conversion rates.
Measuring Conversion Rate – Your overall SEO Strategy & ROI.
- How much are you spending?
- How much are you making?
- Is it worth it?
- What has worked in the past?
- What is working right now?
- What can you change?
After you have answered these questions, then you come to a conclusion of what to change. Ok, let’s test new page layouts, new colors, patterns, button sizes and add then maybe some videos explaining your product or service.
How can we Increase the User Experience with a website Redesign?
When you look at your current website, you may think it’s beautiful, however, if your visitors are leaving, you have a big problem. Let’s explore those problems and learn how to increase your CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization). We will also look into other areas that you might not consider to be part of your website redesign but is very important for your online success.
Primary Goals (things to consider) for your Website Redesign
- Websites that you like and what you like about them
- Colors, Headings, Navigation Bars, Layout and Functionality
- Integrated Newsletter Sign-up (you will be surprised when you add it)
- Stock Images or Professional Photography
- Primary goal of your website redesign (leads, sign-ups, newsletter/ email generation)
User Experience and Engagement for your Website Redesign
- Increasing your conversion rate with CRO
- Increasing your user engagement
- Increasing your user experience
- Improving the SEO structure of your site
- Engaging in Social Media
- Influencing users to interact with your brand
- Sharing and spreading the word (developing great content)
The above bullets are just a few key items that we focus on when launching a website redesign. With Front Street Media in El Dorado Hills, we go above and beyond the call of duty to enhance your brand and your brand’s identity. If you have any questions about refreshing your website or even updating certain sections of your website contact us today and we will be happy to take a look at your project.